Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Making Cakes

The other morning my husband had to work, so my daughter and I had some time to spend together - just the two of us. We played a little Disney video game where Minnie Mouse makes cakes - the party kind - two layers with lots of icing and confetti. When we finished, my daughter put on the Krispy Kreme baker's hat my mother in-law brought home from our local Krispy Kreme shop. She looked at me and said "Let's make cakes." I laughed and said "The real kind?" She shrugged and said "We can make them out of paper." I thought for a moment and said "How about clay?" She nodded in agreement.

I rummaged through the craft room and found some Sculpey. I also found a bag of aquarium pebbles from our unfortunate experiment with hermit crabs (poor things - does anyone raise those little guys successfully??) We spent the morning making cakes, c
andles and plates decorated with colorful pebbles. Aren't they cute?

Afterward, she took the cakes to her "shop" where I could buy them. And so I did. About 10 times. Ah, to be young again! How thrilling it must be to pretend you own a lovely bakery where you sell the most delightful cakes to the most appreciative customers!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Jen,
It looks like you had so much fun! The cakes looks scrumptious!
Mom