Sunday, June 1, 2008

Following Ants

We recently made a visit to the Historic Oak View County Park in Raleigh. What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday afternoon! There is a beautiful garden, cotton field, peach orchard and lake just a short walk through cool, refreshing trees.

We stopped to sit by the water and have a little snack. As we enjoyed the fabulous weather, a very hardworking ant stopped by and started dragging a bit of a Dorito back to his little ant home. It was quite fascinating and were lucky to catch him on video:


See more pictures of our fun day at Sunniviews!

4 comments:

Donna said...

The ant video is so funny, Jen!

Historic Oakwood looks like a great place, glad you had a good time.

xoxo
Mom

Galen B. said...

Jen,
Look! Here is another entry for the "Our State" magazine.
G

Jan said...

Even the ants are into junk food now? What is it coming too. So funny. What determination for sure. Love your blog and glad you stopped by. I just love your mothers designs and posts. You and I have a lot in common sounds like. The fun never ends. Oh should we just say, we bite our lips and call it fun ;)

Maddie and Mattie- what a team name.

Have a great weekend.

Beeswax said...

Wow, I'm going to play that for my kids. Ants are pretty impressive creatures. You can't blame him for wanting the Dorito, though. I might attempt something similiar if I found a dorito 15 times my size.

Once, in the philippines, my husband saw a group of ants carrying a cockroach corpse straight up a wall.

Thanks for visiting me! Come back anytime!